New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator

I had a BizTalk application installed on Windows 2003 Standard Edition
with SP1, it accesses a SQL Servet 2000 database installed on Windows
2000 Server, the two computers are in the same domain. After applying SP1 we started
getting the error "New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator"

SP1 changed the settings for MSDTC under Component Services. The installation of SP1
- implicit value is "Mutual authentication required". We changed from "Mutual authentication
 required" to "No Authentication Required" then everything works fine.

Print | posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:15 AM

Feedback

Left by Keith at 7/7/2006 7:25 PM
Gravatar Life saver!! I had an SS2000 on Win2k with failing distributed transactions against SS2005 on Win2k3 (recent upgrade) and this fix did the trick!!! MS article 329332 got close to addressing this issue but the "Mutual" to "No" change nailed it - you got to wonder why Microsoft didn't put this last step in their article!?!?! Thanks!

Left by Sham Amanulla at 7/10/2006 7:21 AM
Gravatar Hi,

I have also the same issue in win2k ,can somebody tell me where do i go and change the no authentication required property in win2k.
Any help on this regards will be really helpful for me.

Thanks in advance
Sham

Left by Merrill Aldrich at 7/11/2006 3:11 PM
Gravatar http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899191/ contains the details about this issue

Left by Akosko at 12/14/2006 7:14 AM
Gravatar Hi,

I really understand you all are experienced in MSSQL and it shouldn't be an issue for you to find where to change the authentication in this case but I am not really able to do so. Could anyone give me a bit detailed guide where and how should I make these changes because I run into this issue as well and this could be the last step to make the thinga work.

Thanks in advance

Left by Suresh at 12/14/2006 12:47 PM
Check this link it explain what need to be done step by step http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899191/

Left by Dani Rakhmadi at 12/15/2006 10:23 PM
Gravatar Hehe, thanks a lot bro. It really helped me a alot!! I Spent two relentless night try to fix it with no result. Mine is COM+ And SQL2005. On my development machine all works fine, but when we moved to production with separate COM+ and SQL Server things went all wrong >_<'

Left by Manish at 1/25/2007 12:10 AM
Gravatar Hi,

I m facing the same problem, My Biztalk server and SQL Server both are on different network and after change the DTC configuration to "no authentiction" I m facing the same problem.

Left by Suresh at 1/25/2007 11:34 AM

Have you tried re-booting your box after changing the settings.

Left by Dennis Campbell at 2/22/2007 8:23 PM
Gravatar Manish,

Allow Inbound
Allow Outbound
Enable XA Transactions

Left by Febrian at 3/29/2007 2:36 AM
Gravatar Hi,

I'm just found this problem, when i want to run this script on SQL Query Analyzer :
begin tran t1
select * from svclient.bspclient.dbo.tbl_master_bsp_download
commit tran t1

The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ]

Then i read suresh post and others, and doing it, nothing happen,

What it's wrong ?

my remote server is win 2003

Please, help me and thank's for all advance

Left by Dung Le Anh at 8/6/2007 8:47 PM
Gravatar Anyone solved this problem on XP Home Edition?

I' ve two computer, one run XP Pro and one XP Home. The problem of Pro computer was solved, but the XP Home cannot be solved by this way.

Any ideas?

Left by ec at 10/4/2007 4:58 PM
Gravatar On one server with w2k3 and sql2k sp3 that had this problem I reinstalled sql2k sp3 and then it worked but I still have this issue on another server and nothing seems to work.

Left by Santosh Solanki at 11/29/2007 7:39 AM
Gravatar Select all component items of realm and disable transation. To select this go to Start => Settings => Ctrl Panel => Administrative Tools =>Componenet Services => Com+ Application the Click on Realm And Select all component items the from Properties window Disable Transaction

Left by In Hyderabad at 1/10/2008 3:51 AM
Gravatar I have the same porblem but mine is a win2K server and i was not able to find any of the security settings that were mentioned for the 2003 server. Please help

Left by Martin at 2/19/2008 8:37 AM
Gravatar DTC security needs to be configured on both the BizTalk server and the target SQL Server as described by Denis Campbell previously:

"Allow Inbound
Allow Outbound
Enable XA Transactions

These three changes fixed our problem and allowed us to leave Mutual Authentication Required."

The Distributed Transaction Coordinator services will need to be restarted on both machines.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services

Right click : Component Services - Computers - My Computer and select Properties

Select the MSDTC tab. Click on Security Configuration.

Make the changes...

Left by Vijay Modi at 5/5/2008 5:32 AM
Gravatar Let me check the steps given. Thanks

Left by Parth at 7/17/2008 9:33 PM
Gravatar Thank you very mach
"Com+ Application th-->Click on Realm, Select all component items the from Properties window Disable Transaction" worked in my COM+ application.

Left by Chris at 8/31/2008 2:50 AM
Gravatar Thanks, had problem with Win2k3 talking to a Win2K with sql2000 so didn't think any of ms articles applied, however the key point was it needed to be done at BOTH ends assumed problem was on the data source end. Set to NO and all works.

Left by Nelson at 9/29/2008 9:01 AM
Gravatar This was great help. Make sure you know to do this on the client machine and when the MSDTC restarts, give it some time to sync with the remote server before trying to perform a process that requires to communicate across the network. But this is the correct solution for this issue.

Thanks guys, great help

Left by Seger at 3/24/2009 7:48 AM
Gravatar This was plaquing me for a few days! Everything worked on one of the servers but the other was throwing this error. Thank You!!!

Left by James at 3/25/2009 10:41 AM
Gravatar Thx for the tips this was a life saver!

Left by Lian at 10/13/2009 2:00 AM
Gravatar Good Day,
I configured MSDTC as requested. However we still experience the same problem . Any ideas ?

Your comment: