D'Arcy from Winnipeg
Solution Architecture, Business & Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, and Adoption

Hallalujah!!!

Monday, September 24, 2007 3:54 AM

So after having others in the geek world (like here and here) seemingly throw my pain and sorrow in my face, God sent a messenger to me this morning. That Messenger was someone named Kyle...or Kent...regardless, he brought tidings of great joy to me:

"Fear not D'Arcy, for on this day you will receive a new XBox 360 to replace the one you sent in for repair, and it will allow you to play Halo 3 tonight. Just bringeth all cables from the original unit into the local temple (read: Best Buy)."

And with that there appeared a host of Master Chief's singing "Hallelujah, glory to the 360 extended warranty!"

Now let's just hope my replacement works out of the box.

D

Feedback

# re: Hallalujah!!!

Lucky sob, mine is still out for repairs/replacement.

9/24/2007 5:49 AM | William

# re: Hallalujah!!!

My brand new Elite is purring like a kitten... but I didn't pre-order Halo 3, I'm busy working though halo 2.

But I'll pick it up on wednesday to avoid the line.

9/24/2007 10:28 AM | Cam

# re: Hallalujah!!!

I hate the red ring of death... my xbox has been sent back 4 times :(

Not having your xbox on halo 3 day would have been awful (sorry william) 9/25/2007 2:26 AM | Wendy

# re: Hallalujah!!!

4 times?! Man...that's aweful.

The guy at Best Buy said I was the 5th 360 replacement they did that day...it's amazing how many bad units are out there, and being bought new.

D 9/25/2007 2:29 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Hallalujah!!!

I'm suffering from xbox envy!

All this talk....it just may put me over the top and finally make me break down and go buy one.....

Cam, talk about how awesome your elite is some more...that just might do it (drool, drool) 9/27/2007 11:51 AM | Shaneo

# re: Hallalujah!!!

Hmmm...so I see in Walmart's flyer tonight that they're having a sale on 360 Pro's for $350...that's $50 off ( too bad they don't have the hdmi equipped pro's yet like they do in the states ).

Anyway, doesn't best buy have a 10% price guarantee where they'll beat a lower advertised price by 10%? If so, that means I could pick up a 360 pro for $15....not too bad, even if it doesn't have the hdmi
9/27/2007 1:39 PM | Shaneo